To address the issue of declining Child Sex Ratio, Govt of India has launched Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme since January 2015, as a mass campaign focusing on multi-sectoral action in 100 gender critical districts. This is a joint initiative of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Human Resource Development. The overall goal of the scheme is to celebrate the Girl Child & enable her education.
Objective of the Scheme:
• To prevent Gender biased sex selective elimination.
• To ensure survival & protection of the girl Child.
• To ensure education & participation of the girl child.
The scheme is being operated in Nayagarh district in the state of Odisha.
For smooth project implementation, the State Task Force on Care, Protection and development of girls and women headed by Chief Secretary has been designated as the State Task Force to coordinate the implementation of the scheme.
State Resource Centre for Women, Odisha is acting as Project Management Unit (PMU) to provide technical and coordination support for implementation of the state action plan & district action plan.
State action plan includes intersectoral consultations; training & capacity building, awareness generation. District action plan for Nayagarh includes training & capacity building, innovation; awareness campaign, IEC etc.
District Task Force & Block Task Force has been formed to oversee the implementation.
Activities undertaken at State Level for the year 2015-2016:
• Inter departmental Consultation held on dated 18th Feb 2016
• Gender Sensitization Training programmes for College Students (conducted by Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.)
• TV spots on “Beti Bacho Beti Padho” developed for telecast in DD ODIA.
• Review by State Task Force (on 31st Oct 2015 and 23rd June 2016)
Activities undertaken at district level for the year 2015-2016:
• NGO/CBO network meeting at Nuagaon, Khandpada, Odgaon & Gania Block
• Training and Capacity building programme for frontline workers (ASHAs, AWWs, ANMs) and WSHGs of Odgaon, Nuagaon & Gania Block
• Sensitization programme for WSHGs at Nuagaon & Gania Block
• Sensitization programme for school teachers
• Multi stakeholder Meeting at Nayagarh District Head Quarter
• Sensitisation programme for Media persons
• Observation of National Girl Child Day & International Women Day
• Awareness camp with male group in Gania Block
• Sensitization programme for College students at Gania Block
• Posters and leaflets circulated widely for awareness raising
• Display of hoardings at each block and NAC HQs
• Workshop with medical functionaries
• District level workshop on “Understanding issues of trafficking in Nayagarh district”
• Issues of child marriage & anti trafficking in all meetings, trainings and IEC done under BBBP
• Close coordination with PC PNDT cell / Health dept officials in the district and School & Mass Education dept
• Support to GP level and urban WSHG federation for promoting Child Sex Ratio
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Click here
Annual Report_Nayagarh Download(16.09 MB)