Kishori Shakti Yojana under the ambit of ICDS aims at the empowerment and holistic development of adolescent girls by improving their self perception and creating opportunities for realizing their full potential through Balika Mandals. The scheme primarily aims at breaking the intergenerational life cycle of nutritional & gender disadvantage and providing a supportive environment for self development.
- To provide the required literacy and numeric skills through the non-formal stream of education.
- To stimulate a desire for more social exposure and knowledge and to help them improve their decision making capabilities.
- To improve the nutritional, health and development status of adolescent girls, promote awareness on health, hygiene, nutrition and family care,
- To link them to opportunities for learning life skills, to train and equip the adolescent girls to improve/upgrade home based and vocational skills.
- To help them gain a better understanding of their social environment and take initiatives to become productive members of the society.
Adolescent Girls (11-18 yrs.) - both school going and out of school girls.
In all the 21 districts of the State except in the districts where the SABLA scheme is implemented.