Objective of the Public Authority:
- To study the needs and requirements of social welfare organizations from time to time through Surveys, research and evaluation in such a manner as may be considered necessary.
- To evaluate Programmes and Projects and their implementations by the aided agencies.
- To coordinate assistance extended for Social Welfare Activities by various Ministries and Developments in Central and State Governments and the Programmes entrusted to the State Board by the Central Social Welfare Board, New Delhi.
- To promote setting up of Social Welfare Organizations on Voluntary basis in places where no such organization exists and to promote existing organizations where ever necessary.
- To render technical and financial aid as and when necessary to deserving institution institution/Organisation in accordance with the schemes /principles approved by the Central Social Welfare Board.
- To promote social welfare activities intended for the genera! Welfare of the public such as welfare of the family, women, children and the handicapped.
- To act as a catalyst in bringing out the overall improvement in the condition of the weaker sections, SC/ST community and other needy people of the State.
- To organize or promote programmes of training in Social Work as and when required and also to organize and work on pilot projects whenever necessary.
- To assist through its machinery in relief measures in case of calamity natural or otherwise when ever deemed fit or necessary.
Mission /Vision Statement of the Public Authority :
The State Social Welfare Board always emphasize to spread its programmes tothe remote corner of the State, Hilly, tribal and backward areas and include maximum no. of grass root level voluntary organizations. The State Board also promotes the new voluntary organizations to take up different welfare measures for the upliftment of needy women and children in the society.
Brief History of the Public Authority :
The Odisha State Social Welfare Board cam :e into existence during the year 1954 through a Resolution bearing No.3368-P dated 7th August, 1954 of the then Cabinet (Planning) Department of State Govt.
Duties of the Public Authority :
The Public Authority has been funding to Registered Voluntary organizations of the State for various welfare schemes under specified programmes such as:-
- Rajiv Gandhi National Creche.
- Awareness Generation Project.
- Condensed Course of Education for Adult Women.
- Family Counseling Centre.
- Short Stay Home.
- Working Women's Hostel.
- Mahila Mandal.
- Innovative schemes.
Main Activities of the Public Authority:
The Public authority calls for applications from Registered Voluntary Organizations, Scrutinize and recommend to Central Social Welfare Boaro, New Delhi under Centralized programmes and sanctions grants-in-aid under Decentralized programmes as per the allocation earmarked by the Central Social Welfare Board, New Delhi.